Thursday, September 2, 2010

37 wk update

How far along: 36w, 6d

Best of the week: relaxing
Worst of the week: BP scare
Symptoms: severe headache, nighttime contractions, cramping, LOTS of swelling, sore hands, leaking, reflux

All About Amelia
Movement: decreased
Position: head down
Last weight: 6lbs, 12 oz! (taken 9/2)
Growth developments: considered full term
Last heart rate: baseline 150, accels to 180

Mamacita's Details
Weight: -1 from pre-pregnancy weight (GAINED 3 lbs!) (taken 9/1)
Cravings: water, cinnamon, chocolate
Fundal height: 35 cm (taken 9/1)
What I Miss: Chris
Sleep: 4 hrs at night with one 1 hr nap.  
Been researching: how to keep baby in until your husband comes back
What I purchased this week: stuff for freezer meals, dresser
Big news this week: Reds take huge lead in NL Central

Coming Soon...
What I'm looking forward to: Chris coming home, fall shows starting
Next on the medical horizon: NSTs, regular (to me) urine/bloodwork
Dates: Dr appt: 9/8 & 9/15, Chris home: ~9/18, Due date: 9/24

It's been an eventful few days.  I have been having some cramping and, at night, lower back pain.  I went in for my 36ish appt on Weds with a different doctor.  I had gained 3 lbs in 3 wks, baby's heart rate was good, and the nurse administered the routine Strep B test.  All good news, except my BP was 149/101 and 152/101!  (It has been baselining around 135/90).  The nurse was kinda freaking and, after a quick vitals check, went to get the dr.

I mentioned my new symptoms to the dr: increased swelling, headache lasting for 29 days, cramping, etc. and he asked "Are you just trying to get yourself induced?"  I informed him it was quite the opposite...that I was trying to NOT give birth for two more wks.  He was worried about my headaches and hypothesized it could be cranial hypertension.  He sent me over to the head of ophthalmology to be checked.  Thankfully, I passed all his tests and ruled that out.

I was sent straight to antepartum testing for a non-stress test a day early.  After sitting for an hour, my pressures came down to my baseline and Amelia didn't seem to be in any distress.   Like Monday, though, she did not want to wake up.  (The nurses establish a baseline and the baby's heartrate is to accelerate at least twice and she is to move at least twice within the time frame.)  We tried moving me, eating, and drinking, before the nurse buzzed her awake.  She wasn't too fond of that.  I also had blood/urine labs done - which all came back normal.  I'm doing another 24 hr pee test (my fave!) currently.

The doctors are watching very closely.  I had to start preparing my brain yesterday for the potential of giving birth without Chris.  Even typing those words brings tears to my eyes.  Hopefully, my pressures continue to stabilize and Amelia simmers for two more wks. 

Today, I had a biophysical profile (aka: big fancy ultrasound) to check her growth.  She is head down, with a head circumference of ~32 cm, a femur length of ~7cm, normal amniotic fluid levels, and is still a girl.  Her bottom lip was pouting out and she had a full bladder.  Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her hand was resting on my placenta.  Her estimated gestational age was 36w6d, which is a rare perfect "score".

All in all, some good news and some kind of eh news.  

No comments: