How far along: 37w, 5d
Best of the week: the gorgeous CO weather
Worst of the week:
Symptoms: severe headache, lower back pains, cramping, LOTS of swelling, sore hands, leaking, reflux
All About Amelia
Movement: active after meals, but lots of sleeping
Position: head down, +1 station
Last weight: 6lbs, 12 oz! (taken 9/2)
Growth developments: she has dropped!
Last heart rate: baseline 144, accels to 160s
Weight: +0 from pre-pregnancy weight (gained 0.5 lbs!) (taken 9/8)
Cravings: water, cinnamon, chocolate
Fundal height: 34 cm (taken 9/8)
What I Miss: Chris
Sleep: 1-6 hrs at night with one 1 hr nap.
Been researching: early labor stages
What I purchased this week: fall decorations, nursing tank
Big news this week: Balloon Classic in C.Springs, some of my wonderful friends got us baby stuff
What I'm looking forward to: Chris coming home!
Next on the medical horizon: non stress tests 2x/wk, regular (to me) urine/bloodwork
Dates: Dr appt: 9/15, Chris home: ~9/18, Due date: 9/24
Today, I went in for my 38 wk appt. I saw Dr Silver, who will be my doctor for the duration. He was very nice, asked lots of questions, and was calm. Vitals are good (although BP still up at 134/95). I am positive for Group B Strep, which means I will receive IV antibiotics when admitted.
I had my first pelvic check and whoa was I unprepared for it. Let's just say that area has been closed for business for awhile and I hadn't mentally prepared myself. He laughed and asked if I realized I'd be giving birth soon. Afterwards, I had some mild cramping, but nothing too bad.
Turns out, I am 1cm dilated, 50% effaced, and at a +1 station. He couldn't quit remarking how low she was and he felt the top of her head. Apparently, she's dropped (as both Chris and my dad had suggested), but I haven't noticed. This would explain the sharp, shooting pains I've been feeling in my cervix - she's a headbutter. I could stay like this for weeks or she could come today. Due to my vitals and high-risk status, I will be induced b/t 39-40 wks if I haven't given birth yet. Dr Silver does not want me to develop pre-eclampsia (and frankly, can't believe I haven't yet with all the symptoms I have).
So now, we wait.
Chris is due to leave in 8 days...so I really hope to cook til then.
Until then, I will continue to putter around the house, watch the West Wing (on loan from a friend and I LOVE it), and cheer for the Reds from afar.