Sunday, December 16, 2007
that being said, he has a new song out, "say". i have listened to it 6 times in a row.
if you're into this type of stuff, it's worth multiple listens.
this song is in the movie "the bucket list, " which i will be seeing. morgan freeman + a new JM song? i'm there.
she is originally from cynthiana. moved to the big city. loves fast food. is an aunt. and is one of the best people i have ever known. she is the best listener and is super hot. she loves the office and does a wonderful pam beesley impersonation every day at her job.
she slaves all day at her desk with nary a new blog post from anyone. feast away, dear BCG, feast away :)
**favorite model (all-time):
- renee -- gorgeous eyes, skin, and son. she was a bit abrasive at the beginning, but i think she acted how i would act if i had to be around some of those girls every day
- caridee -- love her final few pictures.
- joanie -- her picture as a housewife (in a green dress) is my favorite antm picture to date.
**honorable mention: naima (she had a calming energy about her). i realize all of these are blonde models...but they took the most AMAZING and intriguing pictures during their cycles (and that doesn't mean while they were on their periods)
**least favorite model (all-time):
- gina -- everything about her pisses me off
- brittany (cycle 8) -- she whined about EVERYTHING, esp her gross weave and australian go-sees.
- sara (cycle 6) -- her mouth is too puffy and her hair was just wrong.
**favorite judge (all-time):
- duh...nigel barker. as if that was even a question. he is too gorgeous for words.
- jay manuel. he does a fantastic job as art director of the photo shoots. i wish tyra would let him judge more often.
**least favorite judge (all-time):
- nole marin -- he had nothing constructive to say. he reminds me of a little gopher.
**favorite cycle (all-time):
- cycle 4. i liked most of the people on this cycle and the photo shoots were interesting. i loved their south african location and, also, the shoot with the kids.
- cycle 3. i love when they go to tokyo.
- duh. i love them all.
**best moments in ANTM history:
- when chantal trips during the final runway show
- when ann & eva write in cassie's brownies with a knife
- the look on renee's face when natasha is talking to her "husband" on the phone
starting next cycle (sometime in feb) i will be dissecting each episode. can't wait! so, if you know how to smile with your eyes (gag me now), please keep checking back in early 08. i think that'll do it for now. i'm sure there will be more thoughts to post later. any thoughts? agreements...disagreements?
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Thursday, December 13, 2007
it's official. maria and i are AMAZING guessers. this was the easiest top model to guess yet. i had a feeling ever since the makeover episode that it was going to be saleisha. here are my thoughts from this season:
- i agree with the choice of ANTM
- tyra needs to be stopped...immediately
- the last photo shoot nigel did was very poorly shot and the photos were of v. bad quality
- my favorite shot was probably the recyclable material one and my favorite shot was of jenah doing the recyclable cardboard.
- my favorite ANTM ever was caridee.
- jaslene's covergirl commercials are PAINFUL to watch.
you wanna be on top? (model) top? (model) top? (model)
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
*i've been without a debit card for 3.5 weeks now b/c mastercard is dumb
*attended a PD with Dr. Jean in Louisville. if you are a teacher, you need to research her b/c her stuff is amazing
*slowly but surely working on christmas gifts.
*completed my first cycle of KTIP. glory hallelujah. only 2 cycles to go :\
i hope to be able to post more often now that my first cycle is done. chris is coming home december 20th :) happy holidays to all.
now i must research hanukkah and kwanzaa so i can teach about christmas.
Friday, November 23, 2007
- having a job i love going to every day
- my grandparents
- the amazing support from my parents this summer
- another lovely year with my love
- my true friends, without which i would be lost
- josh hamilton
- my lf and our lyric texts
- my eled girls -- they know what tws, iep, gssp, lep, tpa, and countless other acronyms stand for.
mostly, i am thankful for the fact that i have a warm apartment and food to come home to at night. being around my students everyday, i have come to realize that i was one of the lucky to have had such a glorious upbringing.
cheers to the holidays.
next, we FINALLY were able to go to the times square toys-r-us -- aka: one bigass toy store.
i went in the barbie house
chris bought a huge gummy snake
all was well with the world.
then, we decided to take a ride on the always luxurious staten island ferry. the ferry takes you near the statue of liberty and from manhattan --> staten island and then from staten island ---> manhattan. we met some brilliant people and families...and then headed back to phebe's for some beer.
the bar was rockin' because the game had already started. i would have never expected to see that much orange and black in the middle of the city. but there we were. unfortunately, i didn't have enough room in my suitcase to pack my housh jersey. fortunately, they had yuengling on tap and i got to have my first (and second and third) taste of this glorious beer.
sadly, we had to leave before the game was over because we had to get me to LGA...but we had a wonderful, lovely time together.
we went to the SONY Wonder Lab. the coolest thing we saw was this projector that showed raindrops falling. as you would move your arm around, the raindrops would change their course to follow your arm. really hard to explain, but totally cool to watch.
next, we went to this AMAZING bar/restaurant in the east village called phebe's. this is not your average bar...but a BENGALS bar in the middle of nyc. i love that they spread who dey throughout the land. we were told to come back on sunday during the game...more to follow on this.
next, we traipsed downtown to ground zero to check on construction progress. there wasn't much to see, but we did get to see the plans for the upcoming freedom tower.
after this, we spent a good while traveling around the Port Authority trying to figure out how to get to the Meadowlands. Luckily, we finally found our way and had some amazing pineapple/chicken pizza for dinner.
i loved having a relaxing day with chris in the city. it was nice to not feel rushed and we still have a perfect subway record :)
Saturday, November 17, 2007
- flights were great. i missed an earlier flight by about 5 minutes, but no worries, b/c i really do like airports. i got a great lunch/beer in concouse C at CVG.
- met a WONDERFUL guy named bruce on the plane from CVG to LGA. he was taking his wife and daughter to NY for the weekend to catch a broadway show. they were from columbia, SC and were truly great people.
- caught a sketchy bus from LGA to grand central. i learned all about this woman's botched plastic surgery and our bus driver offered to refer her to some miracle chinese doctor.
- before my stop on the train, i started up a conversation with some guys about tayshaun prince. they asked me where i was from (they guessed MS or GA) because of my accent. this is noteworthy because this is the first time i have ever been asked about my accent while in NYC.
- chris picked me up (!) and we quickly went on post for the game. let me tell you...it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. not only did army lose BAD to rutgers, it was about 20 degrees, with the wind coming off the hudson, in RAIN...SLEET...and SNOW. thankfully, my love is truly lovely and kept bringing me hot chocolate.
while i prefer marty as a broadcaster, it was marty and joe's relationship that makes WLW the preferred means by which to catch a reds game...even in this day of satellite TV and chris welsh.
my dad and i would always listen to reds games in the car. we always knew it was "joe's inning" to call because there would be 10 second pauses in his talking. i always liked to think joe was more interested in the game as a fan than as a broadcaster. after being forced to listen to jeff brantley this season, i know joe will be missed even more.
the ole lefthander rounding third and heading for home...
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
- Mr. X -- he should've been tall, dark, and handsome
- Mrs. X -- should've been brunette
- Grayer -- should've been younger
- Nanny's mom -- this entire piece of the plot was not true to the book and was not needed in the movie. they should've kept her out of it and put the bohemian grandmother in instead.
- i did like the different ending.
___________________________________________________________________tonight was the first "dinner dames" night between jen, b, and me. i really hope this becomes a regular occurence because the dames they are a'smokin. on the menu tonight was chicken/rice casserole.
quote of the night: "how does a library work?"
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Monday, November 5, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
- my halloweening this past wknd
- going to the uk game in the midst of mist
- kindergarten germs everywhere
you're welcome, sudafed makers. it's my pleasure to keep you in business.